Our Treating Process
We take great pride in the products we build and we use only the finest finish available on the market today. When you purchase a product treated* it means more than just stained, it is a process that preserves our furniture for many years
Our Unique Process: We say our furniture is treated, not just stained because of the unique process we use in finishing. The pieces are set to drip, then after a few minutes they are carefully checked for drip stains which are smoothed over then set to dry. When dry, each piece is finely sanded, all dust removed then sprayed with a second coat application.
The pieces are set to drip, then after a few minutes they are carefully checked for drip stains which are smoothed over then set to dry.
When dry, each piece is finely sanded, all dust removed then sprayed with a second coat application.
Again the pieces are carefully checked for drips and smoothed over before drying. This is then repeated for the third coat.
Once dry, all pieces are sanded again and a fourth application is sprayed on top surfaces. Only after the last coat is dry do we assemble all the pieces to apply a high quality product such as Cetol 1 by Sikkens.
Only the Finest Finish
Cetol 1 by Sikkens is internationally recognized as one of the best stains on the market. This stain creates a durable flexible film coating that penetrates the wood surface yet lets the wood "breathe" to accommodate constantly changing climatic conditions.
It will not crack, blister or peel and is an excellent water repellent (water will bead on it). With time it will wear away (usually 2 to 5 years depending on color and sun exposure). To prevent wear and to have a new look on your furniture year after year, just clean the surface and reapply a thin coat on top surfaces once a year. (Once the stain is completely faded it is harder to get that new look.)
- To learn more about this stain you can visit the Sikkens web site at: www.sikkens.com
- For more technical data about Cetol 1 Look for exterior finishes / Cetol 1
- For the nearest dealer location in the USA visit: https://www.perfectwoodstains.com/products/deck-stain/transparent-satin-cetol-dek-wood-finish?category=undefined
- For the nearest dealer location in Canada visit: http://www.perfectwoodstains.ca/dealers
- For other countries please refer to the Sikkens website and look for exterior finishes / cetol 1